Sunday, August 22, 2010

Save the music

When songs are written they often stem from an emotion or an event and some make no sense at all. Then you have specifics;the cliche for a girl or a boy or about a girl or a boy. Some songs praise,and others are left to be interprited by the listener alone.
Everyone listens to music in different ways. Some focus on the beat,some on the melody,some on the lyrics.
I am a lyric person,if the lyrics attract me then I will usually end up liking all of the other elements that make the song what it is. I also tend to disreguard the specifics of songs. I feel that a song is for the listener to relate to,wether is be meant for one person or wether it addresses the world.
I feel at some point one should forget about all the bullshit and their personal opinions about the artist of a song. Because there are a fair number of good songs that get pissed on because people don't like what they are fed about the artist...why punish a good song because you don't like the person who sings it?
When it comes down to it songs are written and sang to be heard by the masses,they are meant to be heard...it is pretty much their job to get listened to. And I think that no matter the specifics of a song,that they are made to be universal,for people of every age,gender,race to listen to.

No comments: