Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Holes in the floor aren't always a bad thing.

Death is a weird thing. Nobody ever really knows when it is their time. And when people die,people often wonder if they are still there in spirit,even though their physical bodies have passed.
I was going through the lyrics of the song Holes in the Floor of Heaven and it got me to thinking about how the lyrics in that song can sometimes feel real. Well at least on a personal level. I know for me it seems really real when I think about it.

My grandma die of lung cancer when I was 14,and I was devestated. I spent a lot of time with her,and she was like my second mom. She had so much faith in me. I remember we had conversations about my high school graduation and how we would both be happy for that day. I knew she really wanted to be there on that day,it was important to her as it was to me. But as things were,she would not be able to make it.
It rained on the day of my graduation. And it rains on days when I am really sad and heartbroken and I pray for a way to know that someone cares.

Most would think of the rain as a curse when it happens on important days like that,but for me it is a blessing and it gives me some hope that my grandma still watches over me to this day.I am forever glad that she gets the chance to do so.

The song goes:
because there's holes in the floor of Heaven
and her tears are falling down
that's how you know she's watching
wishing she could be here now
sometimes when i'm lonely
i remember she can see
yes,there's holes in the floor of heaven
and she's watching over you and me

All the while I have to remember to not dwell in the what use to be's. Because life happens while you dwell on the past and think about what might happen. I'm not saying you should stop making plans,or forget about back when,I just think it is important not to linger. The dead are dead physically,but that does not mean the spirit is dead to. That is indeed still alive and well,and it helps keep it alive if you keep living because if the situation be the death of a loved one like my grandmother,they would love nothing more than to see you do that.
To keep living is a precious gift.

Let the rain fall.


No comments: